United Mutual Insurance - Consumers Privacy Protection Notice
At United Mutual (UMI) we understand the importance of protecting customer privacy. UMI has established the following policies to assure you that we are committed to protecting your privacy.
When you apply for insurance, you disclose a certain amount of information about yourself to us. The collection, use and disclosure of such information is regulated by law. It is the policy of UMI as follows:
- Collect only information necessary or relevant to our business.
- Make a reasonable effort to ensure that information we act upon is accurate, relevant, timely and complete.
- Make your personal information available externally to regulatory or other government authorities or as permitted by law.
- Limit employee and director access to those who need to and are trained in proper handling of personal information.
We will not disclose information about you to others without your written consent unless the disclosure is necessary to conduct our business or as required by law or for legal, regulatory or other purposes. The information we disclose may be as follows:
- Information about your transactions with us, policy coverage, payment history, the premium you pay, claims information and the method of your purchase.
- If required for insurance you purchase from us, information we receive from consumer reporting services, such as credit history, employment history, loss history reports and underwriting history.
- Information we receive in response to requests we make to third parties about you to confirm any application information or other data that you provide to us in connection with applying for insurance.
We appreciate your business and will continue to honor your trust that you have placed in us. Thank you for choosing United Mutual Insurance Company for your insurance needs.
If you should have any questions about our information practices you can call our company at (618) 445-2306 or (888) 999-9496. Again we thank you for your business.